Summer, we love you. But you go too fast. And you try to cram too many activities into your daylight hours. You leave me exhausted. And tan.
We've been so busy this summer. Swimming. Annual summer trip to Island Oasis with the cousins. Watermelon. Grapes. Gardening. Sun. More cousin time. Seems like we are non-stop from morning until night!
Both J the Great AND Lil' J are jumping of the board and going off the slide at the pool! Lil' J went from not knowing how to swim at the beginning of the summer, to *almost* being a pro. I'm planning on getting the boys into swimming lessons at the YMCA over the winter time. We've never done formal lessons, so I think it will be good for them.
I laugh every time I see Lil' J fly out of the slide. He goes head first and sails over the water in a cartoon-like fashion. I'm going to take my camera next time we go. I have to get these boys mid-air when they shoot out of there. Then you can share in my delight. :-)
Did I tell you that Lil' J can also ride a bike without training wheels? I must have in an earlier post. I am amazed at his ability to just do things. Really has very little fear when it comes to doing things that he wants to do. I have to be careful because if he asks me for something and I take too long in doing it, he tries to do it himself. I've caught him many times on the counter in a precarious position, balancing a bowl or glass or both, and trying to climb down. Silly Boy! So Independent.
I've have more updates to do, but as usual it is after 9.00 and we're not even close to being ready for bed.
Summer, it is you I blame!
No comments:
Post a Comment