Time seems to be just flying! The cold, wintery weather just keeps holding on. We had BEAUTIFUL sun yesterday and spent most of the day outside. Today? Cold, wet, rainy.
Mr. J earned his red belt in Karate! I missed the testing day, so sensai did it the following practice. We didn't know he was going to do it like that so it was a very nice surprise.
Mr. J and J the Great start soccer in April and Mr. J will begin his 6 week flag football season in April as well. I feel like I can have them in more activities like this since we are homeschooling.
We are really adjusting to our home school schedule. I'm much more relaxed and Mr. J is much more proactive in doing his work. It feels good to be moving in such a positive direction. We both laughed the other night about how awful it was in the beginning!
I had PT conference for J the Great and 'Lil J, both boys doing great! They go to our local Montessori preschool, which I absolutely love.
J the Great has improved so much over a 5 month period. He went from not being able to match his letters to his sounds to reading simple words! He is also doing great in math, something that comes much easier for him. I'm planning on homeschooling him for K this fall.
Lil' J is the "puzzle guy". He loves doing puzzles and his "pouring". He recently started doing more art work and knows his letters and most of the sounds. He must have been paying attention when I was working with J the Great. What a difference I see in him. Much more confident and grown up! He'll go at least one more year, maybe two. The classes are 3 days a week for 3 hours, just the right amount of time for him.
We love our preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment