Today was a day of Biology. We started off the morning with Lil' J showing me how he squeezed "boobs" out of balloon.
Then J the Great had a lively discussion about his "pimples" (nipples) and how one stuck out further than the other and how boys only had 'pimples' and not 'boobs'.
After supper, Lil' J and J the Great questioned me about why 'girls don't have a penis'.
Just to let you know, I graduated with a degree in Biology, so I'm all about calling body parts what they are.
However, I found it difficult to describe the difference in a way that they would understand. They've asked this question before, yet somehow today I found it oddly awkward to name the female parts with the correct terms. Seemed....well....wrong or private.....or something.....
Anyway, I avoided the whole naming issue by saying, "Boys have a penis and girls don't. They pee pee out of another hole."
Ya...getting in too deep here already.
"Where does the baby come out of?" asked J the Great. I saw that coming from a mile a way.
"Well, that comes out of another hole. So actually girls have 3 holes and boys have two."
OH MY WORD, DID I JUST SAY THAT?
So then I try to clarify, getting a little flustered in the process:
"Boys have a hole that pee and sperm (WHAT?) come out of, and another hole for poop. Girls have a hole for pee, a hole for babies and a hole for poop"
WHAT????????????????
"Oh, ya!" both boys said, as if it made perfect sense.
I really don't hope they don't bring this up in casual conversation with their little friends. "Well, my mom said girls have THREE holes!"
Oh My Word. I.Need.Some.Help.
Or maybe a drink.
P.S. Try describing what "adultery" means to a 7 year old. He was reading his Bible book we use for school, of all things. Not sure how well I did.....if Mr. J happens to let you know what it is, you can tell me if I did a good job explaining it.
2 comments:
I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes. Oh I hope my kids stay little forever!
This is great!!!! You know, Annie- we've been questioned lately about how the baby will come out of my tummy and Amber and I just discussed yesterday how it is not a lie to show them my cesarean scar. It's true- babies come out of there!!! :) I'm sticking to it for now! I do not need my girls to know about their three holes. ;)
Love your blog!!!
Jessica
Post a Comment