Oh, the first born. The first born son, to be exact. Just special. So special, in fact, that we gave him two middle names instead of one. And we named him after a king, for goodness sakes! And Mr. J is definitely living up to the expectations of a first born. Competitive. Caring. A leader. A thinker. Wise beyond his years. And so very diplomatic.
This is why I love Mr. J.
We were at the dinner table, minus daddy, because he was working. We were all a looking a little glum.
Mr. J says, "I miss Dad".
"Me, too," says J the Great.
"Me, three" says I.
Me, too," says Lil' J.
"Daddy just makes everything a little bit more fun, doesn't he?" I say.
And here is where Mr. J comes in. "You make things fun too, Mommy, just a different kind of fun."
He's never been one to tell me spontaneously, "Mommy, I love you!" In fact, it's rare when he does actually say it. But when he says things like this to me, I take it in the same way I would an "I love you".
Words mean things to Mr. J and he takes what he says very seriously. He also takes what other people say seriously. And this is why I love my Mr. J!
No comments:
Post a Comment