J2 loves using funny words (boobutt, booboo head, etc.) He and J3 were playing with their army guys and I heard him say, "Let's call them Dummy Heads" and proceeded then to talk to them by calling them Dummy Heads.
My first instinct was to say "J2, we don't call things Dummy Heads"
Instead I waited, then asked, "J2, what is a Dummy Head?"
He says "You know, like the people that aren't real?"
So I am getting it now, "Oh, like dummies!"
"Yah!"
He proceeds to launch into this whole narrative about some episode of 'Cooby Doo (He can's say his S's very well yet) and about how Shaggy and Cooby were in a particular place with some dummies, and then Velma or the other girl said "No those are just dummy heads" and Shaggy or Cooby goes "did you call me a dummy head?"
The kid repeated word for word their lines and told me exactly who was talking. I was first amazed that he remembered it all, and secondly amazed that he caught the joke.
I know the say people can have photographic memory, but I think J2 has photographic hearing, if that is possible. He remembers everything like that, especially if it pertains to something he thinks is funny.
He loves to watch Tom and Jerry and those old cartoons with just the music.....he giggles the whole time.
That boy loves a good joke!
No comments:
Post a Comment