Monday, April 18, 2011

When all else fails, turn to Facebook

WoW! So it's now April 2011. My last post was in August 2010, in which I posted our pictures from our 4th of July. I see a pattern here. This means either two things.....either we are incredibly boring and do nothing, OR, we are so busy doing things and living our lives that I have no time to write.

The latter is partially true. I do have time to write, I just don't make the time.

Much to my chagrin.

Also, another accomplishment....getting the family pictures and Christmas letter already to go, in the envelopes, with names on them (but not addresses) and not sending any out. If you go to my church, you're one of the lucky few who were graced with our picture a couple weeks (okay more than a couple)after the New Year. Didn't have to stamp those.

So, what do I do with 40+ pictures and letters on snowman stationary and in snowman envelopes?  Still debating on whether or not to send them out. I think everyone would have a good laugh if I did.

Typical Annie. *sigh* Don't you all want to be me?

I have to say, there's a lot of moving and shaking been going on up in the Gardiner household.  I would tell you all about it, I just feel too lazy right now.

*****HOPEFULLY I'LL START POSTING REGULARLY AGAIN****** 

I know you are all waiting on pins and needles.

Well, thanks to my Facebook posts, you can speed through most of what's been happening with us since August. Hurry up, you've got 8 months of catching up to do!



Meeting up with my dear friend and her family at the Omaha zoo tomorrow!!!!! Three years since we've seen them!!! 8.10

Had a great time at the zoo with the Mensen family! 8.12

L was talking with a Belizian accent last night to Jabin. Later, Jabin asked me, "why was Daddy talking weird?" I said, that is an accent, that how people from Belize sound, that is where Daddy's family is from." You could see the light bulb go on. "Oh, like his tribe?" he says. That made me laugh. 8.13

We're finally receiving the bills for L's surgery. Yikes! :/ 8.14

Me: "Justus, your shoes are on the wrong feet." Justus, with obvious sign of relief: "OH! I was hoping them were on the wrong feet!" 8.16

Well, this week was pretty crappy. Still feeling like crap and I have 2 bigs days in front of me. Curse you strep throat! On the bright side, I haven't been able to eat in 3 days b/c my throat hurts so bad.....a nice little boost to my weight loss goal maybe? :-/ 8.20

We hit the ground running today! 8.23

 I was explaining to Josiah about what 12th grade is: "And after 12th grade you are done with high school, and then you go to college." Josiah said, "And after college you're free?" hahahaha!!! If only that were the truth! 8.24

I saw this on the dog food bag the morning: Better Tasting Than Ever! So, did they ask the dogs or did they taste it themselves? What a silly thing to say! 8.30

WE HAVE TOMATOES!!!! We have tomatoes for sale from our garden project. Suggested donation is $2.00 a bag (about 2 dozen tomatoes, varying in size). If you need less that that we can accommodate you! WE DELIVER!!!! (Milford and Lincoln area, :-)) 8.31

IF any of you are trying to call my cell phone, it's dead. I have to get a new one and am still deciding if I should extend my contract with a phone upgrade or go with a company different than Verizon. If you need my home phone number, just message me. 9.1

Just discovered a big pile of sand in the computer chair. Obviously they are lovin' the new sandbox a little too much. I'm too lazy to go get the vacuum. (the boys are out with grandma). So I just brought in another chair. It can wait till they get home. 9.2

Spent the evening with friends from Lincoln.......their 2 year old is a riot! Good food, good times! 9.5

Happy Ten Years to my Best Friend. 9.9

I was reminded today why I DISLIKE buying groceries at Walmart. GRRRRR! Wish we had something closer for those "we are completely out of groceries and I only have 1 hr to shop" days. Plus I forgot the razors. :-/ 9.10

Had a great weekend with my hubby! 9.12

Killing the old school music on YouTube right now!! And by old school I mean the time while I was in college. :-) Forgot how much I loved this music. Good way to spend date night. 9.14

Gonna spend some time with Liv and Elliot while I fold clothes. No, they aren't my imaginary friends. 9.15

Sorry I am not there to deliver the message personally, but I love you and Happy Birthday. 9.16

Somehow the highlighter ended up in the sugar bowl with the cap off and I crunched Justy's guy that was lying on the floor. Hopefully he won't notice the missing foot. 9.16

Had a great day......homemade chili with tomatoes from the garden and then a trip out to the other garden to pick pumpkins. Finished it off with front row seats at a dance show featuring the Gardiner boys followed by brownies and vanilla bean ice cream. I even got to make a wish before I blew out the candles. Very Blessed! 9.16

Need Pumpkins? We are selling pumpkins, $1.00/pumpkin or $2.00 for 3 pumpkins. We have medium to large size Jack O Lanterns and smaller, sweet Sugar Pies. We can deliver to Lincoln and Seward. If you're in Milford, you can pick them up in town. 9.17

Jabin and Justus took curtain rods (the cheap metal ones) down. Curtains were removed and said rods were used as swords. Because of their cheapness, they are now bent and unusable. Does this happen to anyone else? 9.19

Today I finally gave into the fact that, at all times, I either need to a.) wear an apron, b.) wear a bib c.) wear only dark clothing, so when I inevitably spill food on myself I will not look like a complete moron. Who still spills food on themselves in their 30's? Apparently, I do. 9.20

Took the boys to Morrill Hall yesterday. They were digging for fossils in the play area and Jabin said, "Look, I found the eye POCKET!". Josiah says, "It's eye SOCKET". A little bit later, Justus says, "Look I found the eye SOCK!" Jabin says, "It's eye SOCKET". I love listening in on their conversations. 9.24

Finally decided on a new cell phone. I have to say that this decision for such an unimportant thing really had me stressed .9.24

I asked Justus if he looked like me. He said no. I said, "Why?" He said, "because I don't have wong hair". He's got a point. 9.27

Jabin: I don't like playing UNO anymore because I'm tired of winning. I pretty much beat everybody. 9.28

I got my new phone--it's all activated and ready for all of you to call or text me. Yes, I've upgraded to the 21st century, what a great feeling it is, although I'm probably still about 8 years behind the times. 9.29

We still have pumpkins! Medium/small sizes. Perfect for decorating or baking. $1.00 a piece! Thanks to all who have supported this little venture! 10.7

Oh new bar of soap, what made you think you could outlast a 6 year old in the bath? Next time at least put up a fight. I'm embarrassed for you. 10.7

Mom, close your eyes"--this is how they always start their magic tricks. I highly doubt that any magicians will come from this family. 10.09

I'm contemplating going to graduate school and was talking to the boys about it today. Jabin then tells L tonight, "Mom's going back to High School!" 10.11

I nearly hyperventilated when I saw that Law and Order SVU: the 11th year is now instant play on Netflix. Gonna be spending some quality time with Benson and Stabler tonight! 10.11

Basement cleaned out and purged. Laundry room now also works as craft room. Now to organize the mess in the computer room. Oh, and finish painting my kitchen. ADD? I think so. 10.19

Boobutt! Almost have this computer room organized. I hope I can remember where I put everything.10.19
 I know the aging process is not much fun physically, but I have to say I am really enjoying my 30's! I would sum up my 20's as: SURVIVAL MODE. So far my 30's has been: SELF-DISCOVERY MODE. I think part of this may be because I am not pregnant, nursing or chasing a toddler. Too bad the mommy brain has decided to hang around. 11.5

Jabin: "Mommy, I'm car sick." Justus: "Mommy, I'm car hungry." 11.6

Me: "Jabin, a little bird told me you played outside today." Jabin: "Who told you?" Me: "Dad." Justus: "DAD IS NOT A LITTLE BIRD!" 11.8

Yet another one. Lawrence was commenting that he played against a "Snoop Dogg" mii on the Wii. Josiah started cracking up. "What's a snoop dog?" Hilarious! 11.8

Having fun watching the squirrel taunt the kids at the park. They're getting a good work out chasing it back up the tree. I'm just waiting for it to spontaneously jump on one of them. Can never trust a squirrel. 11.9

Me to Jabin: "Why are you hammering a nail into the kitchen chair?" Jabin: "Because it makes it stronger." Not sure I believe that one. 11.9

Fresh pumpkin soup: 1 yes, 4 no's. Next up. Pumpkin bars. 11.11

Put the leftover pumpkin soup from yesterday into the chili, no one knew the difference. Score one for me. 11.12

Getting closer to a "new" kitchen. I think I've part way overcome my painting phobia. I've moved it to my "tolerable" category, along with scrubbing thebathtub and putting away laundry. Don't like doing it but it feels goodwhen it's done! 11.15

Justy was crying a little bit about going to preschool this morning --I asked him if he was ready to go in and he said, "My tears aren't done coming out yet. I haf to wait till dey are done coming out." Who cannot love that little face! 11.17

Me: "Somebody has stinky feet." Josiah: "It's me." Me: "Why are they stinky?" Josiah: "I've been wearing the same socks for three days." :-/  11.17

Chiropractor, YMCA office, Boy Scout office, visit with dear friend, Children's Museum, Library, Hyvee and Menards. Anything else we can cram into our trip to Lincoln today? I don't think so.11.19

Jabin was examining the big rug burn on his arm and said "It looks like beef jerky, not skin."11.19

Who knew that wearing socks actually kept your feet warm. Maybe I should try wearing them more often. 11.21

Just painted a "chalkboard" on our entire wall. Made my own chalkboard paint! Now to see if it really works. 11.21

Finishing up some projects and getting the house ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I must thrive on doing things last minute. Just so happens that 2 out of the 3 boys are sick. Never realized how much they helped around the house until they were down for the count. Is it bad that I don't have my Thanksgiving decorations... out yet? The days between Halloween and the New Year go WAY to fast. 11.24

So we made way too many pies. When I say we, I mean my mom. I can already feel my waistband expanding. Someone has to eat them, right? Had a great Thanksgiving, so thankful for friends and family and a comfortable home. My only wish is that we could have been with our California family as well. Happy Thanksgiving! 11.25

Justus: "Mommy, I don't love you on Sundays. I love you on Mondays, March, July, Saturdays and Tuesdays. But not on 6." :-) 11.26

Justus: Mom, fish is fruit, right? 11.28

The fact that people DIE every day in this world because they do not have access to clean water or food is so disturbing to me. Everyday I wake up and know thousands of people will die because they don't have clean water. Or they literally starve to death. This is not acceptable and it is so heartbreaking. I really can't explain how sad this makes me. 11.29

Jabin was doing his phonics today. He came to the word "fat" and said, "thin". I would love to see exactly how his mind is working. 12.1

Went to the dentist this morning to get some work done. He is the only man that makes me seriously consider punching someone in the face. Don't get me wrong, I really like my dentist. I don't like the shots, the numbness, or the general feeling of grossness that lingers long after I leave the office. :-) 12.2

Here's one of the reasons our one bathroom is always so nasty: I followed Justus into the bathroom to make sure he had the toilet seat up. He did, except that he was standing about 3 feet from the toilet. As he's peeing he says, "I'm doing it long range. It gets in there better." Hmmmmm. Probably not, but good try. Maybe I could build an outhouse. Now there's an idea! 12.3

So proud of Josiah's basketball team!!!! They all played great today. It's so fun to see them 'getting it' and enjoy competing. Of course I was cheering loudly, as always. Highlight of the day was one of our smaller guys playing defense on a kid almost twice his size. No fear! :-) 12.4
Food at this house does not last long. 12.6
I have my grad school interview today.....just hoping I get there on time and don't have any food on my shirt. :-) 12.10
Josiah said this to me as he was doing school on Friday: "Mom, all this writing is like an extreme sport for my arm. It's wearing me out!" 12.10
saw this quote and liked it: "too many of us are still raising children by the idea that each generation has the right to more material comforts than the one before." 12.14
ust saw a commercial for a "confident clean" feeling after using a particular brand of toilet paper. Not sure how I feel about that. Does advertising really make a difference in toilet paper choice? My shopping budget normally makes the choice for me. Whatever is on sale. 12.14
Justus: Mommy, are grandpas and dads sometimes called nickels? Me: I'm not sure what you mean. Justus: Like when it's snowy out and they are dead. Me: I'm still not sure what you mean. (desperately racking my brain to know what he is talking about). Me: You mean 'uncles'? Justus: Yes that is what i mean, uncles. I was trying so hard not to giggle. 12.15
Classic Jabin as he was brushing his teeth tonight: "Mommy, why do girls have to pee out of their buns?" I had a nice time explaining that one. 12.16
Josiah: You promise you won't hit me? Jabin: Pinky swear and the Word of God. Josiah: I guess if you say that I have to believe you. 12.20
Jabin: "Mom, did God get married?" Me: "Nope" Jabin: "WHAT!? Didn't He want to have any kids?" Me: "We're God's children" Jabin: "NOOOO, I mean his OWN kids." :) 12.20
Does rearranging your house every month or so mean you have a problem? I just can't stop! :/ 12.23
Within a two day period I've smashed my fingernail, sliced my finger and scraped up my thumb, all on my left hand. Clumsy? Tired? Karma? Or, as Lawrence would say "tryin' to do too much"? Hoping to finish out the week with no trips to the ER. 12.24
To all cookie recipe editors, regarding your cut-out sugar cookie recipes. 1)What I end up with never looks like the picture you deceivingly put next to the recipe. 2)Are you seriously telling me to roll out to a thickness of 3/16 of an inch? Do I really have to get out the ruler so I can have a clue of what you're talking about? 3)You say the recipe will yield 3 1/2 dozen cookies. 3 1/2 dozen? No. Frustration? Yes. 12.26
It's official---L is done with his graduate work and has been approved by the state for his provisional license in Counseling. So proud of him!!!!!!! Plus I still think he's cute. He's stuck with me for sure now. 12.29
I have little gremlins that steal my Netflix movies. I lost another one, this one was in the package, waiting to be sent back. :/ Does this only happen to me? I know I took it out to the van so I could take it to the post office.....12.31
I'm feeling like I want to start this day over and be Dr. Jekyll and not Mr. Hyde. Or whichever one is the non-psycho. 1.4
Can you believe that just 2 short years ago I NEVER drank coffee? Now it's all I can think about in the morning. Thanks to my coffee ladies, I'm addicted. 1.08
Winter has officially started for Josiah: "THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!" Unfortunately, being home schooled, my kids do not get a snow day. Ha! 1.10
The boys and I just sponsored a little boy, Moses, through World Vision. I'm actually a little teary about this. We should have done this a lot sooner. Can't wait to get our kit with his picture! 1.14
Josiah came in with freezing hands the other day after losing his gloves and getting his hands in the snow. He was crying a little and said, "Mom, I think I have Jack Frost!" I'm still laughing about that one. 1.15
Pretty sure I'm going to need counseling after I finish my first Counseling class. Holy smokes, it's a lot of reading AND writing. 1.20
Justus: "Mommy, I won't be able to tell you and daddy a part when you get really old." 1.21
I told Josiah to get something for me out of the pantry and said he might need a stool. He didn't. :( He's getting too big! 2.3
Josiah: "Mom, do some birds marry a new husband every year?" Yep! 2.5
Tonight, at 7.00, hear Justus sing his own versions of these classic songs: "oh when the saints, go marching through" and "deep and big". 2.23
So I just found my cooking pot, my roaster pan and my spatula in the upstairs hallway. I won't be using the spatula anymore because the dog chewed it up. Not sure how they got up there. "Maybe they grew legs" as Justus would say. 2.24
We took the boys to Pizza Machine today and Jabin spilled a large part of his water bottle on himself in the van. We thought they might have dryers in the bathroom...no, so what to do? I zipped over to DollarGeneral, in the same strip mall. Found a pair of jeans on sale for $3.00. Mom saves the day. I didn't tell him they were girl's jeans, he didn't know the difference! :) 2.26
Jabin while listening to a song: "That lady sounds like a goat, doesn't she!" A few seconds later he's singing, "Baa, baa, baa, baa". Guess the new thing is goat and sheep harmony. :) After a difficult morning with him, he always knows how to make me smile. 2.27
Jabin talking to Josiah about girls: "If you kiss a girl you make a baby" LoL! 3.01
Josiah wants me to change my profile pic because my hair looks "weird". My hair catastrophes started early, and never quit ended. 3.03
Justus is eating his cereal with a gravel ladle. Nice. 3.04
I was working outside today, and got two slivers in my hand that really hurt. Justus was near by, and I didn't want to say anything I wouldn't want him repeating so I yelled, "POOP ON A LOG!" He says, "What? Poop on a log? Where?" He makes me laugh so much. 3.16
Had an absolute blast with the boys today. Highlight was when Justus and Jabin were testing out the whoopie cushions as Walgreens. Hilarious! I was trying to be a good mom and tell them to put them away, but I couldn't help but laughing. 3.17
My favorite quote from the day from Jabin--"Mom, you look ugly!" This was AFTER I put make-up on. Apparently he prefers my natural look (without makeup) that I typically wear. :) 3.17
Happy Birthday to the love of my life!!!!!! So proud of you. Love you! 3.26
Happy Birthday to my first born. I cannot believe such a wonderful person came out of me! You must get it all from your dad. We love you so much!!!! Since the moment of your birth, we knew you were destined for great things. Love you, Josiah. 3.27
You know it's true love when there are simply no words to describe it, even to yourself. It just becomes who you are, embedded in every fiber of your being. So grateful I am able to experience it. 3.28
Really trying hard not to let this weather throw me into the pit of despair. HURRY UP ALREADY SPRING. A little help here! 3.28
Lawrence: "What should I eat?" Jabin: "You can eat your boogers. That is what mom always says." Wow, guess I've said that one too many times after hearing, "MOM, WHAT CAN I HAVE TO EAT?" I really don't condone booger eating. 3.31
The house rule I routinely break that I make sure everyone else follows: No drinking straight out of the carton (I don't drink out of the milk carton--but all others are fair game). My germs aren't as bad as everyone else's, right? :) 4.04
Me: "Now you guys will have a clean fridge when I'm gone for the weekend!!!" Lawrence: "Ya, and that is something guys really notice......." Why am I cleaning the fridge before a trip and not doing the laundry I'll need to take??????? Sometimes even I confuse myself. 4.13

 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: