Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Facebook--Thanks for the Memories

Facebook helps me document little bits of our days--here are some recent posts


 --The best part about the Seward parade was the drunk "class of some year" float riders beaning my kids in the head with candy. Keep it classy, alumni. :-) 


--Here is the difference between boys and girls---M80/Black Cat firecrackers. If any of you have boys, you know what I mean.

 

--J the Great: "What's a knuckle sandwich?". Mr. J "It's when you put your fist between two slices of bread." Later the same day. Lil' J "Oh Mommy, I LOVE corn on the knob!"

--If you drive by our house, you'll see a couple of boards leaning against each other, and on one board there a pair of boys underwear. If you ask J the Great why there is underwear on the board, he'll say, "It's a rock shooter."


 --Lil' J: "Mommy, I know why lightning bugs have lights. So they can see in the dark."


--Mr. J's team had a great game last night! Go Milford Purple! As usual, I was hollering from the dugout. My mouth just cannot stay shut. Thank goodness I can hang out in there and "help" and not annoy everyone in the stands with my sideline coaching!

 

--The amount of joy that comes from being able to hang out with my boys each day, it is simply impossible to put into words. Gets me a little teary. :-)

 

--Walked thru the dining room and saw a bird looking at me. The boys had left the door open.


--J the Great's first t-ball game a success. So much less excruciating when I'm in the dugout and on the field helping and not in the stands watching. Plus I can yell good job to the kids without annoying the people around me.

--I forgot to ask "did you put undies on?" to my 4 year old before we left the house last night. I found out the answer shortly after we arrived at our destination.

 

--Wondering how it is that little boys and puppies smell so much a like.

 

--Conversation with Lil' J: "Mommy, my gum says you're going to lose." "Your gum talks to you?" "Yes, he says you are going to lose, but I say you're going to win." He loves chewing gum, it now is his imaginary friend.



 --Forgot to mention that J the Great lost his first tooth, thanks to a little help from my nephew's elbow. *It was VERY loose by the way* Then Jabin lost it, literally, in the gravel at the ball fields, as he was taking it back to the van after admiring it for awhile. Poor buddy. My sister convinced him that the tooth fairy ...would still visit b/c she has a special wand that finds lost teeth. :-)

 

--Memorial Day weekend is a time we take to visit my dad's grave. It's sad to know that he will never get to enjoy his 6 grandsons (and 2 granddaughters) after having 3 girls of his own. I think of how much enjoyment he would have attending all of their sporting events. He was always such a support to us in ours. I'm hoping today that he would be proud of me and how we are raising our family.

 

--Mr. J: "Now I see why we feed half the world. Me: "Why's that?" Mr. J: "Because we have a lot of corn fields. And they are big."


 --J the Great: "Mommy, sometimes I get so excited that I want to break things."
  

--Happy Birthday to my 7lb 5oz sugar lump! You are the sweetest lil' man ever! I can't believe my baby is 4. This is so bitter sweet. We love you Bubba!!!!


--Lil' J: "Mommy, I love you 89 times. And that's it."


-- I've learned that when I hear a funny sound I better investigate: 2 kids (J the Great and Lil' J) beating their toy tractor with bats, one kid (Lil' J) jumping up and down on L's car top. We had issues yesterday.


--Lil J': "Mommy, what are tomatoes made of? Ketchup?"
  

--Just rec'd my Mother's Day present--the camera i've always wanted!!!! love you, L!!!Can't wait to take fabulous pictures with it.


--On a Thursday just like this one, exactly 6 years ago, I had just given birth to a 10lb 4oz, screaming baby boy. J the Great, you are as unique as your name and we love you so much! You have filled our lives with laughter, orneriness, and so much love. We love you! Happy Birthday!
  

--J the Great "Mommy, what happened in here! It's so clean!" Ya. I hadn't cleaned the laundry room in a while.
  


--Came home from work yesterday. Muddy hand print on the fridge door. Muddy foot print on the bottom of the fridge inside. Frozen mud ball in the freezer, on a plate. Frozen mud ball is still in the freezer. Didn't have the heart to throw it out. He was so proud.
.

No comments: