Monday, May 10, 2010

Go Dog Go!

It's been a while since I last posted. The reason? Spring. I blame it all on spring.

"Go, Dog. Go!", one of the best books of all time, sums up my spring time feelings very accurately: "Now it is day. The sun is up. Now is the time for all dogs to get up. 'Get up!' It is day. Time to get going. Go, dogs. Go!"

I feel like we've hit the ground running, trying to keep up with all the changes spring brings. Fresh air, sunshine, longer days. We all love to be outside. This may be why my housework is suffering a bit. Who wants to be inside when outside is so much more enjoyable!

I planted most of the garden, just waiting on this current rain and cool weather to pass so I can plant the tomatoes, peppers, squash and green beans. I made a raised bed of logs we salvaged from the big windstorm last August. It's in the front yard and filled with lettuce, spinach, onions and broccoli. Can't wait to be eating greens!

I also planted peas, cucumbers, kale, salad mix, carrots, potatoes, and some other things I forgot to mark in a little side plot. I'm doing a little experiment with the plants that can take partial shade.

Ever year I am shocked that I can put this tiny seed in the ground and it actually produces food. Amazing!

The boys just finished up with the spring time activities: soccer and flag football. We're taking a break from Karate until the fall. Now onto baseball for Mr. J and J the Great. They thoroughly enjoy their sport activities, and I'm a proud momma watching. They love to play.

Lil' J is almost riding a bike without training wheels. One of his fell off, so he's been biking around with just the other one. He'll be 4 in a few weeks. I do believe he'll be riding unassisted by the summer. He got a Diego bike when he was 2 and since then has loved to ride.

This spring and summer is shaping up to be the busiest one yet---I'm thinking it's going to be a lot of fun too!

More later, hopefully sooner than last time.

No comments: