I can't help it. I've always been the loud, cheering fan. Not obnoxious. Just totally into the game. I've always been highly competitive as well. Not in a bad way, but in a "nothing feels better than scoring in your face" kind of way.
Imagine present day. Second grade YMCA basketball. Mr. J is playing awesome. Me, I'm trying to cheer and video at the same time, while also sitting on the side of the other team. Suddenly I catch myself saying, loudly I might add, "OH MY WORD, THEY ARE ALL OVER HIM!". It just popped out of my mouth before I knew what was happening.
And they were all over Mr. J. One of the kids gave him a hug from the back, and the other one hung onto his arm like a monkey. He didn't seem to mind.
"What did you think when they were doing that to you?" I asked later.
"It didn't really bother me. I know they don't call fouls in our games, so I just
passed it to the open guy."
Wow. So me shouting obviously did not help you in this situation.
Note to self--please keep all potentially embarrassing comments on min. volume. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment