Well, I think I took the meaning of procrastination to a whole new level.....its been almost a YEAR since I've updated this blog. Thanks to a few friends, who I will name (Jessica and Amber), I've decided to give this my first computer attention, and not Facebook. We just had a GNO (girls night out for those of you who don't know) and I had an opportunity to get motivated to do my thing. Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!! And that is why I am up so late now (the medium Mocha after 10.00pm probably wasn't a good idea) writing on my blog. So many things have happened these last months, I've taken to posting the funny (and sometimes hair-pulling) things that go on in our house on Facebook. So I'm going to post them here, so you guys can get a general gist of what has happened in our lives. ENJOY!!!!
Feb 11-- just put the finishing touches J1's valentines for his class party. We out did ourselves this year! (we made paper airplanes and stuck suckers inside for the pilots)
Feb 26--is thinking J3's diaper could be used as a weapon of mass destruction. The kid stinks!
Feb 26--is drawing pictures with her boys
March 1--enjoying her family.
March 3--is thinking about how often she has to clean the toilet to keep the bathroom from smelling like a men's restroom. So gross.
March 4-- is once again cleaning the toilet and bathroom after another day potty training. I'm beginning to think I am being punished for something.
March 6-- is not cleaning bathrooms.....ha ha!
March 14-- is ready to conquer Mount. Laundry
March 14-- I don't like sprained ankles. This one is a doozy!
March 16-- I know that a mom can never be replaced in her own home. Period.
March 24--Will my boys always love me as much as they do now? Nothing is better than being loved
March 26--is getting ready for J1's bday party tomorrow. We invited 11 boys and they all get to come. Wish me luck!
March 26-- just realized you should never leave a 2 year old unsupervised in the bathroom. Darn it Facebook!
March 28-- survived. But just barely. 11 1st graders screaming "Happy Birthday to you" at the top of their lungs leaves a lasting impression.
March 31--is thinking J2 is funny. "Mommy, did you know that a woman like you could open an alligator's mouth after its closed?"
April 5-- my boys just stuck pencils in their apples and are eating them like popsicles. Where they get these ideas i have no clue.
April 8--loves her husband. He's my superhero today.
April 8--wishes someone would start selling a GINORMO size of toilet paper roll. One that would last a couple of months. I'm tired of putting new rolls on the holder!
April 9-- is wondering how long my ankle will be sore. This is beginning to get a little annoying.
April 10--J3, did you pee pee in your pants? "No, its just water." Likely story.
April 13--You know you're a mom when you can not miss a word of a TV show while at the same time folding laundry, putting it away during commercials and having your husband and 3 rowdy boys wrestling right in front of you and the TV. How's that for focus!
April 16-- is thanking God for the blessings in my life!
April 17--Am I the only one who hates buying toilet paper? We are out AGAIN!!!!
April 21-- is not answering the phone today. If you need me, leave a message. :-)
May 4--feeling overwhelmed
May 23--is grateful.
May 24-- My baby will be 3 tomorrow. So bittersweet.
May 30-- is very tired. We had a great day at the Zoo! We had plenty of snacks and drinks and everyone made it to the bathroom in time. Now to start my weekend at work!
June 2-- Well, call me Mrs. Maytag. I just fixed our washer! Thanks YouTube for the instructional videos, Brian for the consult and Colleen for the duct tape. Next up, the leaky kitchen sink sprayer. I'm on a roll!
June 7-- loves late summer nights
June 11-- loves the smell of wildflowers. I just love summer!
June 13-- My laundry breeds on its own
June 13-- I think J2 was born with built in dirt magnets. This kid knows how to get dirty!
June 14--is so very tired of cleaning up messes that are not my own.
June 15-- wondering if my ankle will ever not be sore. geez. this is ridiculous.
June 21--As Tupac once said, "California knows how to party" and we'll be there by Sunday!
June 22-- I need a frozen margarita
June 25-- Back from a day trip to my sister's house. Now off to conquer Los Angeles. And the beat goes on...........
June 29-- We made it. Didn't count on the stop and go traffic jam from Las Vegas to Barstow on a Sunday afternoon. All the Cali people heading back from Vegas I guess....crazy drivers! It felt like a slow version of NASCAR. Off to Legoland tomorrow...
June 29-- I just can't get away from Walmart....not even in L.A. I had to make a run already
July 1-- Legoland was conquered yesterday by the Gardiner clan, although it fought back by giving me a nasty sunburn! The sun must be hotter out here. Today, its IceAge--Dawn of the Dinosaurs in 3D. Tomorrow, Zuma Beach and Malibu Fish, can't wait for sun, sand and Malibu Fish
July 5-- Leaving for Nebraska tomorrow. We're having a great time with the family!
July 5-- "Why did they put salt in it? I don't like when they put salt in it" This was said by a crying J3 after he was clobbered by a wave at the beach.
July 6-- okay, I know I always say this, but next time we take a vacation, I am not packing so many clothes!
July 8-- Home at last! Now for the unpacking. Tell me again why I packed so many clothes?
July 13-- Slept in until 10.00am! I think we're all still recovering from the trip and another busy weekend.
July 14-- I am so blessed......great hubby, kids, friends, family.......each day with them means so much to me!
July 15-- Two things: I am officially done with mosquitoes. I think I am their favorite meal. Also, never burn pinto beans on the stove. It smells like 5 chain smokers live in this house now. I would open all the doors to clear out the smell, but, once again, the mosquitoes.
July 16--so I opened all the doors to the house this morning and let in a bunch of fresh, rainy air, sans mosquitos,......the burned bean smell is now gone along with the "does this smell like smoke?" paranoia. Our regular chaos will now resume.
July 17-- I was out mowing at 9.30pm. Beat that!
July 18--18 bags of fresh sweet corn are looking good in my freezer (the boys and I did corn out at my sister's in-laws)
July 20-- Its raining and I have clothes on the line. Again. Will I be running out to get them? No.
July 20-- J2 on pants: "I want some comfy long-sleeve pants, not the ones with short sleeves"
July 23-- J2: "Is everyone in the world our family?" Me "I guess you could say that" J1 "Yeah, cause God is our Father, but I don't know who our mother is" (I quoted this from my blog post in February)
July 24--We're going to the Space and Air museum today.......the boys are very excited!
July 27--1/2 way thru completing rearranging and reorganizing the house. Can't wait until its done
July 27-- I was just given a drumming song/dance routine by all 3 of my boys before bedtime--think Blue Man group without the blue face paint with a little of the 3 Stooges mixed in. So incredibly precious.
July 28-- J3: "Mommy, I'm not this many hungry (holds up one finger), I'm this many hungry (holds up two fingers)." The kid knows when he's hungry!
July 29-- how many days can a vacuum sit on the stairs without someone tripping over it?
July 30--At least 2/3 of the new bag of Quick grits(yes we eat grits, my mom was raised in the South) that I just bought was mysteriously missing......of course I questioned J2 first. He had used them to "make something" and then dumped his creation all over the porch.
July 30-- Two bee stings in one week for Jabin. Yowza!
July 31-- Two home phones in the sink (filled with water) in one week. My cell phone in the water last month. Trying to remain calm here. Don't bother to try and call.....I can't answer the phone!!!!!!!
July 31-- I nearly electrocuted myself trying to fix my washer (again). Guess I have to break down and go buy another lid switch and forget about the duct tape. Off to Lincoln!
Aug 1-- will only be shopping for groceries by myself from now on. I've said it before, but this time I mean it.
Aug 1-- I fixed the boys' bikes today. Fixed my washer yesterday. Just a few more things for L to love about me. He's never gonna get rid of me now, I'm too valuable! :-) Hahahahaha
Aug 2-- Not kidding, this fly has it in for me! Its been buzzing around and around me and just flew into my nose. Not joking! What a disgusting, gross, horrendous feeling that was! I think I'm going to be sick. I can still feel the little fly feet. SICK!
Aug 3-- Guess where I found my good spatula that has been missing for over a week? On the roof, of course! No point in asking the obvious "how did this get here?" Thank goodness it landed by a window.....I would have never seen it otherwise.
Aug 4-- Finally dug our driveway out of the two trees that fell into into it from last nights storm! Thanks goodness they missed the van by a few feet. No house damage either. What a storm!
Aug 4-- not quite ready for tomorrow
Aug 4-- what day is tomorrow anyway? Sometimes the days just all run together.
Aug 5-- Me: "Guys, don't play in that" (the big pile of tree limbs in our front yard) J2: "But Mom, we're Survivor Mans!"
Aug 6-- LOL! "Mommy, can you get me a Raman Noodle?" J2 was yelling at me from the tub. "What? We don't have any, I have to go to the store." "NOOOOO, a RAMAN NOODLE, you know, like the one you take in the swimming pool."
Aug 7-- paid bills (Tracy, the water bill is on its way :-)), organized today's trip to Lincoln, made a meal plan for next week and have my grocery list done. Yeah!
Aug 8-- Okay Ladies, Fashion Tip here: Wearing shorts so short that your butt cheeks hang out is not cute. Nor is it sexy. Frankly, I'm embarrassed for you. Please check the mirror before you leave your house. Remember, there are children walking around at eye level with said cheeks. I'm getting tired of having to explain your choice of clothing to my kids. Really, what should I tell them?
Aug 8-- fruit flies, fruit flies, go away, come again.....never! Gross!
Aug 13-- "blam-o" is the new word of the night. J1 and J2 keep saying it (to each other). Sounds like ram, but with a "bl" at the front and "o" at the end. Stay tuned and I'll go ask them what it means "You're 100% Blamo!" "NOO, YOU'RE 150% BLAMO!" Can't wait to hear the meaning.
Aug 14-- "blam-o" means, and I quote from J1, "I don't know what it means; I am not sure it is a word. I think it might be a type of seaweed. J2 says it means 'hurry up'" There is no way to be unhappy around my boys.
Aug 14-- Does anyone else get annoyed by the high-fructose corn syrup ads in the magazines? A bit annoying and a tad condescending.
Aug 14--J2: "Mommy, its called PALEONTOLOGIST." Well Excuse Me! I guess Dino Hunter is not the correct term anymore. :-)
Aug 15-- Sometimes I just stay up really late (or early, technically) just to have some time alone. The whole house asleep, and me doing whatever I feel like without being pulled in any direction but my own. No phones ringing or meals to make or buns to wipe. Its amazing what 4 or 5 hours of uninterrupted time can accomplish. Then I get extra play time with the kids the next day b/c all my work is done. Nice!
Aug 15-- One day my wish will come true and the bed time fairy will come every night to zap my children into instant sleep the minute I say "Its time for bed!"
-----I had to add the comments that were given to this post...very funny
K--The best thing I ever implemented in my house was the tequila shot before toothbrushing time. By the time it hits them, they're already in bed, and it's a clean break.
M--Send her my way once she is finished with your kids. Does her sister, the "time to wake up for school" fairy make rounds as well?
J--When you find that fairy, send it over my way!
Me--Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a Go To Bed Fairy, a Wake Up Time For School Fairy, and a big bottle of tequila. Your Friend, Annie. P.S. Last year's loud, obnoxious toys with no volume buttons.....not cool.
Aug 16--"Mommy, if you take us to the park right now, I'll give you $20.00" ---J1
Aug 16--Today I realized that for over 20 years I've been singing the song wrong: "Give me the BEAT, boys, and free my soul..." Not "Give me the BEACH BOYS" I didn't think this happened once you became an adult....
Aug 17-- cannot find the motivation to do my work. I feel like sitting and staring at the wall.
Aug 17-- "Mommy, when we get candy again, I want a Jim Slim"--J1
Aug 18-- Know what happens when you let a 3 year old on the computer? 21 open windows of YouTube happen, all playing Queen's "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites The Dust" simultaneously. I didn't think you could even open that many tabs at one time. Now I know!
Aug 19--Took family pictures yesterday at Pioneers Park (Megan O did a GREAT JOB!) and can't wait to see them! Thanks again Megan!
Aug 19-- If everyone in the world would stop blowing their hot air (me included) I think we could stop global warming :-)
Aug 19-- My greatest wish at this moment is to have my own bathroom. And to win the lottery tonight. Although, right now I'd settle for some printer ink. And toilet paper. I despise buying both.
Aug 20-- After yelling all morning at the kids to NOT LET THE DOG OUT, guess who went and let the dog out? Me. Now off to catch him.
Aug 20-- Okay, is anyone receiving the "Attention Diabetics" automated telemarketing call? SERIOUSLY! We are not diabetic, nor do we have a car warranty about to expire, etc., etc. I love how the messages sound like real people, but are really recordings....you can't even get mad at anybody anymore!
Aug 20-- "Mommy, remember when I cried at Karate? Its because when I looked in the big mirror, I thought there were two of me"--J2
Aug 21-- I just overheard J2 and his friend (both age 5) talking about rain forests being cut and burned down.....J2 is adamantly opposed to the whole idea.
Aug 23-- "Mommy, I don't like when they do that. It destroys the beauty of the park"--J1. He's always got something profound to say.
Aug 25-- "J2, we don't need anymore toys. In fact, we need to take some of the ones we have and sell them off"--Mr. J1
Aug 26-- I just realized that I washed an extra large load on the "small" setting. GRRRR!
Aug 26-- My children do not understand that PINEAPPLE and PINE CONE are not interchangeable
Aug 26--Okay, here's where the MENTAL TOUGHNESS comes in: My BRAND NEW bottle of not cheap shampoo is literally down the drain.....the DVD's are not in the holder, but lying on the hardwood floor.....a whole load of white towels that I just folded and put away have been used and are dirty on the bathroom floor.....AND I just stepped in a nice puddle of pee by the toilet. JUST A REGULAR DAY OF BRAIN TRAINING HERE!
Aug 27-- "You can't defeat the power of yuck"---The Backyardigans. Love them!
Aug 27--Preschool starts next week for Justus. *sniff* My baby is too grown up.
Aug 29-- I bid thee laundry, FOLD THYSELF!
Aug 29-- I finally sat down to enjoy my cup of coffee and there was a dead fly in it. Gross and disappointing at the same time.
Aug 29-- "Ping-paddle" (ping pong) has just become all the rage at my house. I swear I could just kiss them every time they come up with this stuff.
Aug 30-- Just saw a girl ride past on her bike, with no hands on her handle bars b/c she was texting. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous! Does texting deplete all brain cells? I'm getting very annoyed with all of this.
Aug 31-- J2 pointing to a picture in a book: "Mom, what are they doing?" Mom: "Hmmm, lets see, it says that they are doing some news reporting." J2: "Oh, I thought they were saving the rain forest!"
Sept 1-- In 8 short days we'll be married 9 years. Who woulda thunk it? It amazes me to think how clueless we were and how much we've grown. I'M GLAD WE DIDN'T LISTEN--YOU'RE STILL THE ONE!!!! Love you babe!
Sept 1-- Some how J3 translated my "Go put your jacket away" into his "GUYS, MOMMY'S GONNA TICKLE US!" Reminds me of playing telephone in elementary.
Sept 4-- Overheard just a minute ago. J3: "You're mean!" J1: "Just because I don't do what you want me to do, doesn't make me mean" J3: "Uh-Huh!!! God said that!"
Sept 4-- Whenever I'm confronted personally with blatant racism, I always have the urge to move some place where it won't happen. Then I realize, no place like that exists. Gotta give this battle up to God.......the injustice of it all makes me want to throw a book of curses at the perpetrators. Is it wrong to wish God's judgment on them instead? It is a hard thing to "love my enemies".
Sept 5-- I just overheard and elderly woman say this: "Its hell to get old, but its worse if you don't, I guess." I am going to remember that one!
Sept 6--Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken--Psalm 55:22
Sept 7-- J3 decided to put the chocolate powder in the almost full gallon of milk, and then attempt to drink it out of the gallon jug. When I questioned him about how the powder got into the milk he said "It just spilled in there by itself."
Sept 8-- One bowl of cereal on the floor, one empty bowl of cereal on the floor, broken. A healthy way to start breakfast!
Sept 9-- We've been married 9 years today! 9 on 9-9-09! Talk about a golden anniversary!
Sept 9-- "Mommy, I just love this park! I'm going to marry it. Then we can have little baby parks!"--J2
Sept 11-- We had a family bowl outing, and J3 won. Not joking. He scored a 99 (with the bumpers). I came in a close second, 98 (not using bumpers). Then J2 (94). Then L (90). Then J1 (85). Obviously, an area we need to work on!
Sept 12-- Its Apple Pickin Time!
Sept 12-- "J2, why do you have dirt around your mouth?" J2: "Because I ate some dirt and spit it out".
Sept 15-- loves homeschooling. It has made me make my home into the learning environment that I always wanted to have, but never made a priority.
Sept 16-- Today I've been alive for xx years. The most amazing thing to me is that once my heart started beating in the womb, it hasn't stopped.....except for the first time I saw Lawrence :-) Love ya world!
Sept 17-- "Oh Pongo, its that devil-woman!"
Sept 18-- "Mommy, what are alien invaders?"----J2 after hearing the word "alienated".
Sept 21-- I was trying to tell J2 today that a good leader not only tells people what to do, but also does some of the work himself, to be an example. His response was "Pharoah didn't do any work." Couldn't think of a response for that one.
Sept 22--Has anyone reached their breaking point and then broke? I think I just did.
Sept 22--J2 keeps referring to himself in the third person. Although humorous, I'm a little afraid that this may lead to a career in the WWF.
Sept 23-- "Mommy, we need medicine to get our boogers out, right?"----J3
Sept 25-- Dear Mr. Fruitfly: The invitation about the party at my house was sent to you in error. I am politely asking that you take yourself and your 500 uninvited friends and get out. Or I will hurt you. Sincerely, Annie
Sept 27-- I spent half the day in town yesterday with my shirt on backwards and ashy knees. I'm slipping here.
Sept 28-- "The three words that describe you are, Stink, Stank, Stunk!"
Sept 28-- Anyone wondering if a plastic baseball can break a window? YES IT CAN! Courtesy of J2 and a plastic bat.
Sept 28-- Once again, J3 mistook my stamps for stickers.
Sept 28-- " My teacher doesn't have a house. She lives at school" ----J3
Sept 30-- right not my life feels like one of those games at Chucky Cheese's where the gophers keep popping out of the holes and you have to keep whacking them back in. Just impossible right now to keep up!
Sept 30-- Last night, J2 felt under his arm and then looked at me, so excited and said "Mommy, I think I felt some hair under there!" I sincerely hope not!
Oct 1-- I may be the only person who can screw up apple crisp. How I take the easiest recipe in the world and mess it up is beyond me. And I made a double batch. *sigh*
Oct 5-- Its amazing how much help my boys can be when I actually expect them to.
Oct 6--Yes people, that is a shirt you see hanging out my van window as we are flying down the interstate. Its called "Realized-5-mintues-before-we-leave-for-football-game-that-football-shirt-is-in-pile-of-clean-but-wet-clothes-needing-to-be-dried". J1's touchdown run was made sweeter by the fact that he was wearing the ...right shirt. Lawrence calls me "country". I call me "pretty clever". :-)
Oct 7-- Tumble out of bed and I stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition, and yawn and stretch and try to come alive----You said it Dolly! Workin morning till night is more like it though!
Oct 8-- Pound, pound, pound, pound, SPLAT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Mommy, I fell on my finger! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oct 8--My boys are collecting gently used (or new) COATS, HATS, GLOVES, and other OUTDOOR APPAREL for the Indian Center for kids there that need them. Our goal is 20 COATS. We will pick them up. Please let me know if you have any to give!
Oct 10-- "Mommy, um, like, I love you" --J3
Oct 10-- "Mommy, for Christmas I want a new house and a hot rod with fire on it"--J3
Oct 11--Thank you 48th and O Hyvee. You have restored my faith in grocery stores.
Oct 12--The boys have collected 5 winter coats and assorted hats and gloves so far for the Indian Center. Our goal is 20. Please let me know if you have any items you would like to donate, and we'll pick them up!
Oct 13-- Had a good morning homeschooling.........J1's doing great!
Oct 14-- My apologizes in advance if I flip out on anyone. The next person that ticks me off will probably get an earful. Maybe two earfuls. I think my hubby is tired of being the default-taker-of-all-my-frustrations guy. So look out next person!!!!!!
Oct 14-- All my repressed anger must have gotten me sick. :-) We all have rotten colds. Yuck.
Oct 16-- J3 just slid down the stairs (on purpose) on a pile of slick hardback books. His comment? "Ow". Now his brothers are doing it.
OCt 18-- J3, are you my pumpkin? No mommy, I'm a MAN! I'm a GUY!
Oct 19--I think there are little elves (besided my children) that come along behind me and mess up everything I've just picked up. And today, for some reason, I shared the shower with 5 orange, water-filled balloons that kept rolling over my feet and plugging the drain. I was told they were "octopuses" and not to "pop" them. These are the days.......
Oct 21-- "Mommy, your skin hangs over your jeans" Yeah...........better kick up the workouts.
Oct 21-- "Mom, what does it mean when there is a white ribbon on a tree? Maybe it means they know someone who plays in the NFL. Or it could be toilet paper"---J1
Oct 22-- We collected over 20 coats for our coat drive for the Indian Center! Thanks to all who contributed. Russ's has donation boxes at their stores, if anyone still wants to donate. You can also take them to the Indian Center. Thanks again!!!!!
Oct 28-- "Mommy, secret agents don't wear pants, right?" I couldn't resist..."No, J3, they don't!" Hopefully he won't want to be a secret agent for Halloween.
Oct 28-- If you were in Hyvee today, it WAS me pushing the LOUDEST, SQUEAKIEST little green kid's cart with a LOUD, CRYING 3 year old bringing up the rear. The two brothers pushing their own little carts were stuck in the middle. We made quite a procession.....or impression......or depression? But I did get 10.00 off 6 GM cereals!
Oct 28--"mommy, this was in the LOST and FIND. And we FOUND it. So now its OURS."--J2. Love the logic of a 5 year old.....cut and dry.
Oct 29-- was just given a dancing sword show by the famous J3 of the Swords
Oct 29--Wow, think i just had a mini break down. We're in the middle of L's long work week, with two more 14+ hour days to go. Decided the boys and I would pop some popcorn and watch the rest of Book Two of AVATAR (we're hooked). Nice thing about homeschooling is that we sleep in on Fridays!
Oct 30--Went to bathroom to take a shower. Noticed I had sprayed cleaner on the toilet earlier, so went to the laundry room to get paper towels. The load of laundry was done washing.....put it in the dryer and started another load. Went back to bathroom, forgetting paper towels. Went back to get them. Had to spray toilet again b/c cleaner had dried. Cleaned the toilet. Ready for shower--this is why I'm always late!
Oct 31-- love the fresh air and sunshine......God Bless this season!
Nov 1-- The ABC's according to J3: "a, b, c, d, l, m, n, o, p.....now I know my l, m, n, o, p's, next time 6"
Nov 4-- I heard this the other day......"mistakes learned from should be counted as successes" AMEN!!!! If this is true, I'm a very successful person!
Nov 7-- ......during the continual striving to make things 'better", I need to make sure to enjoy the blessings as they unfold. So thankful for the family that L and I have created together, so thankful for our extended family and friends.
Nov 8-- had a great Sunday morning at church!
Nov 8-- Bedtime converstation: "Mommy, these pj's make me itchy." "No, these are the cotton pj's" "Cotton makes me itchy". "No, polyester makes you itchy". "These ARE the polyester pjs'" "No, they're not". "YES, THEY ARE!" No reasoning with a 3 year old.
Nov 10-- is listening to J2 yelling "NOOOOO" at the DVD that is skipping.
NOv 10-- Thankful for good friends to share life with!
Nov 11-- Here's my running list of things that either need to be 1.) hidden or 2.) put where little hands cannot reach: tape, glue, toilet paper, jewelry, any type of string--including dental floss, pencil sharpeners, salt, sugar, toothbrushes, lip balm, gum, scissors, peanut butter, toothpicks, chocolate milk powder, exercise equipment, anything important, anything valuable........Am I forgetting anything? :-)
Nov 11-- J3: "Mommy, we need to pick our noses, right? Because sometimes we have crunchy ones."
Nov 12--Today I am thankful for a husband who, despite my (extended, drawn out) moments of insanity, still makes the choice to love me anyway. Love you babe.
Nov 12-- I have a TV with the volume button stuck on VERY LOUD. Can't find the remote to turn it down, can't fix the button that turns it down. Lovely.
Nov 12-- off to go eat Valentino's buffett with my band of boys, then off to Karate.
Nov 13-- Got a City Library card last night. I was almost giddy. Something about libraries and fabric stores just make me so happy.
Nov 14--Survived grocery shopping today with the boys, I had no choice but to bring them along......went to HYVEE (for you Texans, Hyvee reminds me of my fav Texas store, H.E.B.) I just love that store. Found coconut milk with NO PRESERVATIVES. Can't wait to make yummy coconut rice. And NO MELT DOWNS! This is progress!
Nov 14-- "Then he said to them all: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" LUKE 9.23
Nov 14-- Everytime I see baby pics of my boys, I just want to have about 10 more. Those fat baby cheeks and squishy, chub legs, SO UNBELIEVABLY CUTE!!!!!! I can't believe I am living with these 3 little miracles!
Nov 16-- Just checked the thermostat. Someone had turned it up to 80 degrees. The general consensus was that "Not Me" did it.
Nov 16-- J2--"if the house is on fire, we shouldn't go back in and watch television"
Nov 16-- J2--"Let's play a game called Cheater; I'm the only one who can cheat" J3--"I don't want to play that game" J2--"OKAY, you can cheat too" DISCLAIMER: This is not a reflection of how we teach them to win at the game of life. :-)
NOv 17-- "I wished we lived in the Ice Age, then we wouldn't have to go to school"--J2
Nov 18-- Listening to L and the boys wrestling.....very, very sweet. They LOVE their daddy!
Nov 19-- J3 and J2 decided to take a bath with 1). all their clothes on 2). an empty juice bottle converted into a cargo ship, 3). three pencils, 4). four cars, 5). some random K-NEX. Then their friend came over. Huge water mess in bathroom as they scrambled to get out and get dressed to go outside an play.
NOv 19-- Assumed they were properly dressed to go outside and play. Just looked out the window and J3 has only pants on, presumably with no underwear. No socks, shirt, coat, shoes or anything else one should be wearing in this weather. I'm off to hunt a boy.
NOv 19-- And the door was left open
Nov 19-- loves when J2 refers to an elderly women as "that old girl". Cracks me up everytime.
Nov 21--Library, Nebraska Historical Museum, Lincoln Children's Museum. Should be a great day!
Nov 21-- Well we made it to the Library, got Lunch at Russ's, went to park......and stayed there till we went home. The boys thought it was too nice out to be inside and I agreed. The museums will wait for another Friday!
Nov 21--I rarely post things J1 says b/c they aren't the universally funny like the things the other two say. He's the serious one. Talks all grown up. Anyway, today at the park, we were playing Tag on the playground, as in MOMMY IS IT ALL THE TIME Tag. We were both at a stand still and he said "Your chances of catchin...g me are very slim". This really isn't funny, but it just cracks me up, the way he talks.
Nov 21-- Then later J2 spied an inviting brick wall and said "Mommy, can you lift me onto the Humpty Dumpty wall?" This is what I am talking about. Two kids, same parents, COMPLETELY different take on life.
Nov 22-- I just overheard J3 teaching R (our dog) how to count. "One.....SAY ONE!.......Say TWO, FREE, FOUR. FIVE". Love
No comments:
Post a Comment