Well, it is the middle of October and I am wondering how it got here so fast! The Summer was great, and ended on a 2 high notes.
First, we celebrated our 8 year anniversary on September 9th. The Shania Twain song "You're Still The One" always runs thru my head this time of year. Great song by the way...
"Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night"
Love that song
And the 2nd of the high notes
WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! and closed on September xx on my xxth birthday. Yes ladies, I won't be getting any more gifts for my birthday for the next 30 years....or however long it takes to pay of the mortgage.
L and I will still look at each other every so often and say "WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!" Our real estate agent is awesome! Thanks Stacy!! As well as our mortgage loan lady, THANKS LORI!!! They both did an excellent job and are highly recommened by L and I!
L is busy working, finishing up his Master's degree and developing a non profit organization with a couple of friends.
I'm staying busy with my business and spending more time expanding that....we have lots of dreams that need funding!
J1 started 1st grade, and the jury is still out on that. He is doing great academically and socially, but just cannot get used to getting up so early and being gone all day 5 days a week. I have to admit, I am having a hard time with it too. Its like I'm sending my son to a job, when I don't even have one. Anyway, we are still seriously considering homeschooling next year. It has always been a dream of mine, I just never knew how realistic it was. We decided to try a year of public school and make a final decision at the end of the year. I think he would love it, he really loves learning, and I want to make sure he is doing it in a way that suits him best.
J2 is in Montessori preschool at the Bellwood church and is learning so much! I love that school. I really wish they had it thru 6th grade. J2 is such a sweet boy, always randomly saying "Mommy, I love you". It just melts my heart.
J3 is 2 but thinks he is 5. He loves his brothers and MUST do EVERYTHING they do, including riding his "EGGO" bike (his Diego themed bike). He pedals that thing everywhere and just looks too cute. The other day he says to L and me, "Look at my awhchome (awesome) trick" as he was standing on the skateboard. He is always saying all these big words and using long sentences, we just can't always understand him.
I have to say I am so blessed with the most perfect husband and cutest kids on the planet!!!!! And I am not at all biased!!!
I do have to say that I just love being able to GOOGLE anything I need information on. Like for instance the song that is playing on the blog now, "Iko, Iko". This was a song i first heard in my cousin's car, probably around 1988. I loved it then and thanks to Google, You Tube and the amazing internet, I can listen to it all I want!
Peace and love, and write more soon
Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment